Beetal goat originated form India and a very important goat breed of some Asian countries especially of India and Pakistan. They has similarity with Jamunapari goat. They are very highly milk productive goat breed. Also very suitable for commercial meat production. They are very suitable for farming inside the farm with a little or no grazing place. And they also can adopt themselves with any environment and climate easily. A large number of Beetal goat can be found in Punjab, Sialkot, Gurdaspur of India Lahore, Rawalpindi of Pakistan and some regions of Bangladesh. See characteristics, feeding, housing, breeding and care of Beetal goat below.
- Beetal goats are big and long sized but smaller than Jamnapari goat.
- They are of various colored. But mainly the color of their body is red or golden brown with white spots.
- Their body is compact and well developed.
- Long sized legs and ears. Ears are pendulous.
- Short tail.
- Produce a pair of kids per year.
- They become highly milk productive. Produce about 2.5-4 litters milk daily.
- Their head is massive and broad with a roman nose.
- Both male and female goat has a pair of horns. Their spiraled horns are long in male but shorter in female.
- Female goats has long teats which are well developed with their udder.
- Female goat produce kids for the first time at the age of 20-22 months of age.
- Adult male goat weights about 65 kg and female goats weights about 45 kg.
- Their horns are curved to backward.
- Beetal goats are also very popular and famous for their meat productions.
- They become very hardy and can adopt themselves with almost all types of climate and environment.
Fresh and nutritious goat feed is very essential for successful goat farming business. Goats are ruminant animals. They eat almost all types of plants, leaves, grasses etc. As Beetal goats are generally highly productive of both milk and meat so, they need good quality well balanced and nutritious food. Ensure sufficient ratio of protein and carbohydrate in their food. See full feeding guide of goat here. What to feed goats. Along with nutritious food serve them sufficient clean and fresh water regularly.
Goats generally like dry place for living. So, it is very important to keep the house of goat always dry and clean to keep the goats healthy and productive. Goat housing systems also affect the milking capability of Beetal goat. Their production varies by their liking condition and keeping methods. In a general the goat will produce more if they are kept in a grazing place at day time and in a dry and comfortable house at night. A good house also keep the goats free from predators and all types of germs and diseases.
A male Beetal goat become mature at their 12-15 months of age. And a female goat produce kids first at their 20-22 months of age. Female goat produce one pair of kids every year. To be success in breeding process of Beetal goat take special care of buck for breeding purpose and the pregnant goat.
Beetal Goat Care<
To get highest production form goat they needs some special care and management. Some special care and management tips for raising beetal goats are described below.
- Select healthy and productive breeds for commercial production purpose.
- Always collect breed from fresh and healthy farm.
- Feed your goat fresh and nutritious feed always.
- It would be better if you can manage a grazing place for your beetal goat.
- Always keep the equipment and house of the goat clean. This will keep the goats free from diseases.