The demand of milk and goat dairy products are increasing because of goat milk nutrition value and it’s unique taste and flavor.
The goat products like butter, milk, yoghurt, cheese etc. are very popular throughout the world.
And the consuming rate of this goat dairy products are high and increasing rapidly. Especially in the Western world.
The main reasons of this high popularity of goat milk throughout the world is that, it is lower in fat and much easier to digest than cow’s milk.
And it is extremely healthy for both children and old people and for the people who are allergic to cow’s milk.
Among the animal milk available around us, only cow and goat milk are being considered to be nutritionally close to human milk.
Goat milk contain smaller forms of protein and finer curd. It also has the typical amount of medium chain trigiyceride (MCT) more than double compared to cow’s milk. EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) is also highly available in goat milk.
EGF is a naturally occurring ingredient of breast milk which is very necessary for gut and cell development and it’s recovery.
An enzyme has also been isolated from goat milk which can break down allergen. The enzyme is known as Platelet Activating Factor Acetyl Hydrolase.
However, goat milk is also considered as, it is also very good for stomach, lung and intestine.
Goat Milk Nutrition Facts
Goat milk contain lower fat and highly enriched with many nutrition ingredients. By drinking one cup of goat milk you can get 168 calories and about 10.1 g of fat.
On the other hand a cup of cow’s milk contain 149 calories and about 7.9 g of fat. So, goat’s milk is enriched with more fat and calories than cow’s milk.
Goat milk is also a great source of protein and carbohydrates. From a cup of goat’s milk you can get about 8.7 g protein and 10.9 g of carbohydrates.
Goat’s milk contain some necessary vitamins which are very essential for human body.
It has some essential vitamins which our body requires every day like vitamin B-2, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin D, thiamin, pantothenic acid, niacin etc.
Goat milk is a great source of riboflavin (also known as Vitamin B-2) and Vitamin B-6(it helps to manufacture red blood cells).
From one cup of goat milk you can get necessary amount of calcium required for your bones, teeth, nerves, heart and muscles.
Drinking one cup of goat milk can also fulfill 27% of daily recommended phosphorus intake. This also helps to prevent or break up kidney stones.
Goat milk is also contain 14% of potassium of your daily need. It is also contain less amount of magnesium, copper, zinc and iron.
Health Benefits of Drinking Goat Milk
In accordance with goat milk nutrition it also has some other benefits too. The benefits or advantages of drinking goat’s milk are described beneath.
- Goat milk contain lower fat. Has an unique taste and flavor.
- High ratio of protein and carbohydrate.
- Easily digestible. Even a child and old man can digest goat milk.
- It has low levels of the protein allergen Alpha S1 Casein. This can cause allergy issues.
- Goat’s milk is very suitable for those people who can’t drink cow’s milk due to it’s lactose intolerance. Although goat milk also has lactose but it is easily tolerated by the people.
- Fatty acids are minimum in goat’s milk.
- It is a better source of calcium. It has 13% more calcium than cow’s milk.
- Compared to cow’s milk goat milk contain 25% more Vitamin B-6, 134% more potassium, 350 more niacin and 47% more Vitamin A.
- There are no hotly disputed Bovine Growth Hormone in goat’s milk.
- Goat milk is very helpful for treating digestive tract problems like diarrhea and bloating. It also very helpful for assisting in breaking down ulcers.
- Goat milk contain many vital proteins, essential amino acids and calcium.
- Goat milk and dairy products are also very effective for skin.
- It has some natural bioactive factors like taurine, nucleotides and polyamine. Those bioactive factors help to strengthen the immune system.
- In some areas goat milk is used for Ayurvedic treatment.