Deer farming business has a great opportunity for earning better livelihood and creating good employment sources. Deer is among the most beautiful wild animals of the nature. And all types of people love them, especially for their beauty. Body of deer is covered with multiple colors. As deer is a wild animal, so you can hardly see any around you. Nowadays world population is increasing rapidly, and people are searching for some new farming business ideas which can ensure food security and create a sustainable and profitable income source.
Commercial deer farming business can be a part of this. Deer is a wild animal, and the population in the wild decreasing gradually. So by raising deer commercially, we can make a good income source and at the same time can save this animal form being extinct. Deer products have huge demand and high value in the market. But there are some problems with this lucrative business. Commercial deer farming business is not permitted by the Government of some countries. So before planning for starting this business, contact with your nearest wildlife service center and ask them if commercial deer farming is permitted in your country or not.
Wild vs Domestic Deer
In the ancient time, people used to hunt animals to meetup their daily food demands (not as a hobby or for entertainment). If they could hunt or catch a few animals, they used to kill some to meetup their food demands and keep the rest inside their house for the purposes of using the animals in the future. Since then human beings started keeping wild animals with them inside their house. Among those home bounded wild animals, some species accepted the allegiance of human beings and started breeding and living with them. Cows, goats, sheep, buffalo, horse, donkey and different types of wild birds are the common among those wild animals. Nowadays deer is also considered and raised as a domestic animal in some countries around the world. Deer farming is very easy and highly profitable, especially for the high demand and rate of deer products in the local and international market. Human beings and animals need trees and forests for surviving. As the number of forests and trees are reducing rapidly, so the suitable place for the wild animals are decreasing. As a result, it is very important to raise some special species of wild animals like deer, to keep them from being extinct.
Economic Importance of Deer Farming
Commercial deer farming is very profitable like other livestock farming business. Deer meat is highly expensive than cow, buffalo, goat, sheep, duck or chicken meat. Usually deer eats grass, leaves or grains like other livestock animals such as goat, cow or sheep. So it is very easy to feed them. There are many good reasons for why you should start deer farming business. Main importance of deer farming business are shortly described below.
- Deer farming is considered as a symbol of nobility in some societies around the world.
- You can become very popular and famous in your area within a short time through raising deer.
- Farming deer is a great source of entertainment for all aged people, especially for the kids.
- The skin of deer is very precious. Rich people use the skin for decorating their house. People make many valuable commodities using deer skin, and it has a great demand in the American and European countries.
- The male deer produce a pair of horn every year which has a very high value.
- Deer meat is very tasty and delicious. It has a great demand and high rate throughout the would.
- If you keep some deer inside your property, they will increase the beauty of your house.
- You can start raising deer, if you have the experiences of raising cow, goat, sheep etc. Deer farming is very easy like goat farming.
- Diseases are less in deer than other livestock animals. By raising deer commercially, you can make a sustainable income and employment source. Unemployed educated young people can easily start this business.
Housing is very important for commercial deer farming business. In the wild condition, deer used to live under big trees or near any grassland. But if you want to raise them inside your property, then you have to make a comfortable and suitable house for them. Deer usually like high and dry place for living. So make a house for them in a higher place, and try to keep the house always dry. The size of the house depends on the number of the deer you intend to raise.
Deer usually like to eat grass, leaves, corn, grain etc. like other livestock animals. Their eating habits are the same as goats, cows, sheep and other herbivorous domestic animals. You can feed the deer grass, leaves of the tree, kitchen garbage, various types of corns or grains etc. You can also feed them grainy feed which is very healthy for them. Along with providing nutritious feeds, ensure adequate supply of fresh and clean water according to their demand.