Ayrshire cow breed originated form Ayrshire of south-west Scotland. At present this cow breed can be found in Great Britain, Finland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and America. The characteristics of ayrshire cow are described below.
- Body color is red with white stripe.
- Head and upper side of their body become deep colored.
- Adult ox weights about 500-700 kg and cow weights about 800-1000 kg.
- Horns are wide and curved.
- Spine is straight.
- The calf weights about 35-40 kg when they born.
- Produce about 5000 kg milk annually.
- Milk of ayrshire dairy cow contain about 4 % fat.