The process of pond selection for minnow should be done well. Well facilitated and good pond is must for minnow. Considerations of selecting pond for minnow are described below.
- The area of the minnow pond would be between 0.1-0.3 acres.
- Loamy or silt soil is better for minnow.
- Depth of the water would be 3-5 feet.
- The pond will be rectangular.
- There should not any big sized trees in the shore of pond.
- The pond will be well facilitated for exchanging water.
- Select such a pond which can reserve water throughout the year.