Argulosis in fish can cause serious damage. Generally rui and some other carp fish get infected by a parasites which is called argulosis. It is visible in naked eye. The symptoms and treatment of argulosis infected fish are described below.
- Affected fish suffers by blood-letting.
- Lice stays in the body surface and fins of fish.
- Small sized wound can be seen in the body of fish.
- The growth of fish get reduced and body become feeble.
- This types of parasites is visible on fish by naked eye.
- The fish rub their body with something strong.
- Infected fish do frisking unstably occasionally.
- Fish swim in the water restlessly.
- The wounded place by argulosis become red colored.
- Keep the fish in 0.5 PPM dipterex solution for 24 hours after every one week.
- If the fish affects much then apply 0.5 PPM dipterex directly to the pond. Apply this again after 15 days for second time.
- If needed remove the infected fish from the pond.
- Apply lime to the pond at the rate of 100kg per acre.
- Reduce the amount of organic fertilizer to the pond.
- 25-30 PPM potassium permanganate solution is also very effective for removing argulosis from the fish.