Intensive polyculture of fish is the latest and improved technology of fish farming. There are many advantages and disadvantages of intensive polyculture of fish which are described below.
- Maximum fish production is possible in intensive polyculture.
- More profit from fish farming is possible.
- Creates many employment opportunities.
- Intensive polyculture of fish is fully controlled by the farmer.
- More fish can be cultivated and produced from short place.
- Intensive polyculture of fish is very expensive and risky.
- In this system the probability of diseases is most.
- This farming system get obstructed due to lack of better facilitated artificial farm.
- It is not possible to make the fish big sized in this system.
- Intensive polyculture needs highly experienced employee.