White spot disease in fish is a parasitic disease. This disease seen in almost all species of fish. The expansion of this disease get reduced with the increment of temperature. A parasites named ichthyophthirius causes white spot disease in fish. Symptoms and treatment of this fish diseases are described below.
- Small sized globular spots can be seen in the body and fins of fish.
- Excessive mucus spill from the body of fish.
- Fish breath frequently.
- Rub their body with strong substance.
- Infected fish die suddenly.
- Float over the water for long time.
- The don’t want to consume food.
- They moves here and there idly.
- The fins of the infected fish get curved.
- Keep the affected fish in a solution of 200 PPM general salt.
- Apply 1 PPM methylene blue in the pond of infected fish.
- Stop applying fertilizer in the pond for few days.
- Apply lime to the pond occasionally.
- Keep the infected fish in 0.1 PPM malachite green solution for 24 hours.