For long time use and keep the animal free from cattle diseases the vaccines needs to preserved. The main preservation methods of cattle vaccine are described here.
- The vaccine which are kept in vial in dry condition preserve those under 0°c temperature.
- The cattle vaccine which are liquid, those should kept in refrigerator at 4°c temperature.
- Every vaccine has a determined temperature. Keep those vaccine at that temperature.
- Read the instruction written in the level of vaccine bottle body. And follow those strictly.
- The cattle vaccine preservation place must be dry, cold, and sufficient flow of air and light.
- Keep each vaccine until they reach the expiration date.
- Apply the vaccine mixed with water within determined time and don’t preserve for future use.
- Don’t preserve the vaccines for further use which has used once.
- As the vaccine are kept in glass bottle so, shift and keep it vary carefully to stop broking.
- Keep all the vaccine out of the reach of children.
Preservation temperature and period of different types of cattle vaccines are listed below.
|Vaccine||Preservation Temperature||Preservation Period|
|Rinderpest Vaccine||-20°c||1 Year|
|Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccine||4-8°c||3-6 Months|
|Rabies Vaccine||-20°c||1 Year|
|P.P.R Vaccine||-20°c||1 Year|
|Anthrax Vaccine||4-8°c||6 Months|
|Black Quarter Vaccine||4-8°c||6 Months|
|Haemorhagic Septiceamia Vaccine||4-8°c||6 Months|