If carbohydrate become less in the food of cattle like hay, treacle, straw, crop etc. Then the cattle has to fully depend on the fat of their body. Poisonous ketone bodies acid produce in the blood of animal due to using too much fat from their body. Which makes the body of animal poisonous. This is simply know as ketosis disease in cattle.
- Infected animal feels no appetite.
- They suffers by ill health and weakness.
- Milk production of productive animal may get reduced.
- The animal may suffers by diarrhea disease.
- Their movement become unusual.
- Suffers by convulsions in their muscle.
- They always suck something.
- Smell of acetone can be found in the mouth, urine, milk and even in the environment of house.
- Body weight of ketosis disease infected cattle get reduced day by day.
- They do unusual motiveless movement.
- They stave their head with hard material.
- Sometimes they moves around by standing in a place.
- Feed the cattle nutritious food when they become pregnant to prevent ketosis disease.
- After delivery feed the highly milk productive cow 350 ml propylene glycol daily by mixing with their food for eight weeks.
- Use 10% glucose and normal saline of 500cc through injection in the vein of cattle.
- Using 200-250g sodium bicarbonate and glucose with hydrocortisone and sufficient water is very effective for ketosis disease in cattle.
- Feed the animal such food which are easily digestible and contain sufficient carbohydrate and fat.
- If needed meet with your nearest veterinarian.