Foot and mouth disease is a very fatal viral cattle diseases. The animal with a pair of hoof get infected by this disease. Millions of dollar lost per year due to this disease. This disease spreads through the food, used water, saliva, contiguity and using other equipment of affected animal. The disease may spread through air too. High productive cows get infected by this disease very much.
Foot and mouth disease is a very fatal contagious viral disease. This disease affect cow, buffalo, goat, sheep etc. But cow get infected much. A virus named picorna causes this disease.
- In the initial state the body temperature of the cow become about 104-106 Fahrenheit.
- Blister can be seen inside the mouth, tongue and middle of the hoofs.
- This blister get fractured and turned to sore.
- Saliva exude from nose and mouth continuously and for this thy can consume grass or other food properly.
- Due to sore in the hoof the cow can’t walk well.
- Constipation can be seen in sick animal.
- Infected cattle lick the sore of their hoof with their tongue.
- Sometimes they raise their legs high.
- The cow lose their appetite.
- The hoof may drop off day by day.
- Abortion may happen to the pregnant cow.
- The cow infected by foot and mouth disease become very sick.
- If foot and mouth disease affect any cow, separate it from the healthy one.
- Keep the infected animal to a clean and dry place.
- Wash the wounded place with 3% iosan solution 3 times a day. Do this for 3-5 days.
- After washing with iosan, apply antibiotic powder immediately in the wounded place.
- Feed the animal soft feed.
- Apply medicine in the mouth and hoof sore of infected animal.
- Contact your nearest veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Vaccinate the cattle timely to defense foot and mouth disease.
- Timely applying disease preventive vaccine is the only method to prevent this disease.
Apply foot and mouth disease preventive vaccine at the age of 2-3 month for the first time. After one month apply second vaccine. The third vaccine should apply after six month latter of first vaccination. Do this after every six month. Apply the vaccine through injection under the skin of dewlap.