The Danish Tumbler pigeon is a beautiful breed of domestic fancy pigeon. This breed and other varieties of domesticated pigeons, all are descendants from the wild or feral rock pigeon. Currently it is available in it’s native area and also found in some other countries. Read some more information about the breed below.
Danish Tumbler pigeon is a medium sized breed with elegant and slender type appearance. The body is highly carried with full breast. Neck of these birds is comparatively long, and uppermost part of the neck is slender and thin. Their back is suitably broad-shouldered, with moderately long tail. Their wings are fit closely to their body and their legs are usually of bright red colored.
Danish Tumbler pigeon has large and bright eyes which are properly positioned in the middle of the head. The breed is available in many color varieties. Common color of these birds are:
- The black shall be deep with reddish metallic luster on the cheeks, neck and upper breast;
- The blue color shall be deep and bright, with greenish metallic luster on neck and breast;
- The pearl color (pearl blue) shall be light and bright mother-of-pearl color (silver white), with faintly greenish metallic luster on neck and breast;
- The red color shall be deep, with reddish metallic luster on cheeks, neck and upper breast;
- The yellow color shall be bright, with faintly reddish silky metallic luster on neck and breast.
The breed appears in many markings. Photo and info from Wikipedia.
Danish Tumbler pigeon is a fancy breed. It is raised for show and ornamental purposes.
The Danish Tumbler pigeon is a very strong and hardy breed of domesticated pigeons. It is good for both show or exhibition and ornamental purposes. But this pigeon breed is also very good for raising as pets. However, review full breed profile of the Danish Tumbler pigeon in the following chart.
Danish Tumbler Pigeon | Breed Profile
|Breed Name||Danish Tumbler|
|Breed Purpose||Exhibition, ornamental, pets|
|Special Notes||Beautiful, active, strong, good for show or exhibition, good for ornamental purpose, good for raising as pets|
|Climate Tolerance||Native climates|
|Country/Place of Origin||Denmark|