Bloat in cattle is a fatal disease of domestic cattle. It is a metabolic obstructive disease.The first two part of stomach rumen and reticulum get swelled with bad smelled gases froth. This gases don’t remove from the stomach in regular physiological process. Such distension condition is known as bloat in cattle. Causes, symptoms and treatment of bloat in cattle are described below.
- Obstruction in feed digestion in the stomach of cattle.
- Irregular consumption of feed may causes this disease.
- Consuming rotten feed.
- By eating too much feed after long time unfed.
- Not fluxing sufficient saliva during eating feed.
- If the alimentary tract stop in any cases.
- Belly of infected animal get swelled to the left side.
- The animal stops eating feed.
- They stops ruminating.
- Froth flows from the mouth of animal.
- The eyes of infected animal become red colored.
- The bloat disease infected animal suffers by dyspnoea.
- They take breath opening their mouth and the tongue come out.
- They felt very difficulties. So, they lay down once and stand up again.
- The alimentary tract of bloat infected get stopped. So, they stop ruminating.
- Speed of pulse become very fast and slow frequently.
- The infected cattle may die within a short time if the gas is not removed.
- Removing gas from the stomach of animal is the main treatment of bloat in cattle.
- Feed the animal broken grain feed as less as possible.
- Feed the animal pulse or pea grasses less.
- Add some vegetable oil with this types of grasses.
- If the bloat disease become very acute then remove the froth from the rumen by surgical operation.
- Use trocar and cannula for this types of operation. Enter the trocar and cannula in the stomach of animal by cutting the left side of their belly. The gas will remove from the stomach when the trocar released from the cannula. After removing the gas enter the selected medicine for bloat in cattle.
- Don’t feed the cattle grasses collected from dampy places.
- Stop feeding them the feed which creates gases.
- Provide sufficient water to the cattle according to their demand.