In which method the artificially collected semen kept in the uterus of cow is called artificial insemination. The calf produced in this method contain 50% suchness of hybrid ox. By artificially inseminating of this new cow it will produce a new calf which contain 75% suchness of ox. It takes 8-9 years to produce fully hybrid cow through artificial insemination. The cow containing 75% suchness of hybrid cow is suitable for rearing according to the weather condition and management system of our country.
Usefulness of Artificial Insemination
- We can get hybrid calf within short time.
- Produce more meat and milk.
- We can get strong and operative cows.
- We can increase our income.
- Unemployment problem can be eradicated.
- We can increase the production of protein.
Purpose of Artificial Insemination
- Producing hybrid cow in low cost and short time.
- Making source of employment.
- Meet up the demand of meat and milk.
- Produce strong cow for cultivation.
- For increasing the production of protein.
- Facing the insemination lacking and many diseases.
- Produce calf according to our choice.
- Advantages of Artificial Insemination.
- Up to 300-400 cows can be inseminated by collecting semen from ox once.
- We can get high productive cows by using the semen of hybrid ox.
- The semen can preserved for many years.
- Artificial insemination helps to prevent different types of disease.
- No need to raise so many ox, as a result rearing cost of ox get reduced.
- Increases the probability and rate of pregnancy.
- No risk of accident.
- The semen can transported anywhere throughout the world.
- High productive cow can produce by mixing various species together.
- Artificial process takes less time to inseminate the cow.
- Productivity of local species can be developed by artificial insemination.
Difficulty of Artificial Insemination
- Expert person needed for inseminating and collecting semen.
- Requires physical cleanliness.
- It will be best if insemination process done within 12-18 hours of excitement. So find out the actual excitement time carefully.
- The ox needs more care and management which is used for collecting semen.
- The price of equipment used for artificial insemination of cattle is very high.
- The cow will not be pregnant if there any fault in artificial insemination method.
- Requires very expert person.
- This process can’t prevent disease or any other difficulties.
- Detect the right excitement period otherwise inseminating in wrong time will result bad.
- Select the suitable ox, otherwise it will hinder the main purpose of artificial insemination.
- It is very difficult to find out the proper excitement time of cow.
- Equipments used in this process needs to keep clean and germ free always.
- It is very difficult to transport the semen in adverse weather condition.
- The semen loos its potency if it not transported or preserved in proper way.
- Using semen of disease affected ox is very harmful for cow.
Causes of Failure in Artificial Insemination
- By not inseminating in correct method.
- Inseminating by damaged semen.
- By inseminating the cow in primary and final excitement period.
- Inseminating in rubbish environment.
- Not using germ free equipment.
- Lack of care and management during artificial insemination.
Duties of Successful Artificial Insemination
- Collect the semen from ox in hygienic method.
- Preserve and transport the semen properly.
- Ensure the quality of semen through experiment.
- Keep the insemination center from all types of pollution.
- Clean the equipment with germicide before using.
- Make sure about the proper excitement of the cow.
- Inseminate the cow regularly in due time.
- Inseminate them in correct artificial insemination method.